Welcome to DUCHATEAU-SA.... !
MEDICAL PRODUCTS FOR PROFESSIONAL USE
We design, develop, manufacture and market innovative since 1986, best of class surgical devices that allow surgeons to optimize technique and patient safety during a broad range of surgical procedures. Our rigid endoscopes are used in the disciplines of surgery, proctology, gynecology, laparoscopy, ENT, thoracoscopy, urology and visualization.
Welcome in the minimally invasive surgery !
Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) is surgery done with either no incisions or very small incisions. This surgery may require less anesthetic, IV conscious sedation or general anesthesia. These surgeries may be performed in a qualified doctor's office, surgery center with 23-hour stay capability or a hospital. These things will all vary with the surgeon's preferences, training and what the best procedure is for the patient.
the advantages of MIS?
- Reduced blood loss during and after surgery, therefore, reducing the chance of a blood transfusion
- Reduced adhesions or scar tissue postoperatively
- Smaller and fewer incisions
- Less pain postoperatively, therefore, less pain medication needed postop
- Reduced hospital stay
- Reduced exposure of internal organs (less exposure to more traumatic instrumentation during surgery and glove powder) and air that can create dryness and therefore possibly create adhesions
- Reduced risk of infection